Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pink Eye!

My oh my, we have pink eye! I didn't want to hear it...hoping that it was a simple allergy, or cold, but no...."We definitely have pink eye going on" was the exact quote of our nurse practitioner at 8 o'clock last night. Jonathan has had a cold for the last week or so, with a running nose and cough, then yesterday the bloodshot eye reared its ugly head. He had the same thing about a year ago, so I am REALLY hoping this is not going to be a yearly occurrence in our household. Last time, however, he was given an oral antibiotic....this time, not so lucky. Eye drops. Have you ever tried to put eye drops into the eye of a fighting cat? Because I swear that was what it was like trying to put one single eye drop into my three-year-old's eye. It took both me and my husband over a half an hour to get the task accomplished. A lot of screaming, crying, and kicking, and hitting ensued...and that was only my kid. I too burst out into tears...feeling useless. Funny how they don't give you any suggestions on how exactly to administer those eye drops....if I knew then what I know now, I probably would have marched right back into that Dr. office this morning for them to do it!

Jonathan did much better this morning with his drop. I think it helped that Grandma was here and was able to coax him a little better than I can. They always seem to behave better for the grandparents, don't they? Anyway, only four more doses to go...

No comments: