Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Tree That Lasts Forever



I am sad to say that I have yet to take down my Christmas tree. It is such a daunting task. It is not filled with the excitement of gearing up for holiday cheer, but rather the dread of digging out all the boxes again to put it all away, then hauling them back to their storage spot....which really means throwing them in the part of the basement no one is allowed to lurk into. It just reminds me how unorganized I am. I guess that should be my New Year's resolution--to be more organized. I was able (with the help of my husband...okay he spearheaded the whole thing and I helped) to get Jonathan's closet organized. With all of the Christmas/Birthday gifts the kid got from every living relative, we were all busting at the seams! So, when my Container Store catalog came, we took it to Lowe's and bought a comparable version of a great closet system. With a couple of Rubbermaid tubs for all the dinos, cars, and various small part toys boys like to play with, it has really turned out nicely. It was also A LOT cheaper than the Container Store version.


Here's a picture:





Original price: $550
What we paid: $190...nice.

If only I had a big closet I could just move my fully decorated tree to and leave it there until next year!

No comments: