Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Menu Planning

Okay, with the new year here and a new baby coming soon, I have decided it is time for me to take menu planning more seriously! I usually get pretty gung-ho about doing this every now an then and end up running out of steam--but I cannot deny that it will benefit our growing family if I take a little time planning our meals, budgeting for them, and taking advantage of that wonderful freezer in the garage!










In the past, I have thought that I needed to put "fancy" meals on my meal planner, which usually ends up in failure, because I NEVER cook anything fancy, and our families tastes buds usually don't lend to the finer delicacies. So, this time, I have included our favorites right off the bat and things that I like to cook, hopefully making it easier for me to stick to. I really wanted to knock out a whole month of meal planning at once, but so far I have only figured out this week. That's okay, though, because it will still save on our budget as we will not be as tempted to run out and get fast food. Not to mention I can plan our meals to what happens to be on sale in the grocery stores. Since my energy level is a little low these days, I am LOVING my slow cooker...so if you have any recipes you would like to share, please do so!







Also--I have never cooked for the freezer and I need some help! Anyone have any tips and meal ideas for me?

No comments: