Thursday, October 29, 2009

"30 Days of Thankfulness" Day 2:

Today I am thankful for the time I got to spend with my parents and husband at the College Football Hall of Fame's luncheon series with special guest Jerry Rice. It was held at the Palais Royale and we had a wonderful lunch and the opportunity to meet Mr. Rice. My husband was so excited to be able to get an autographed football from such an NFL legend. He is a huge football fan, so to be able to see the delight in his eyes was truly something wonderful.




I am a big Raiders fan, so my hubby got a black ball and a silver pen for him to sign the ball with...thankful that my husband thought of me in his "big moment."

It was also a treat for me to be able to introduce my father to Jerry Rice. I don't believe my dad has met anyone famous before, something that I have had the opportunity to do because I am lucky enough to work in the media, and sometimes take for granted. He was quite impressed with Jerry's handshake and joked as we walked away that he tried to squeeze his hand as hard as he could! Quite funny to hear a 74-year-old man say that about a pro football player!



While I had purchased tickets to this event for my mother for her 70th birthday, she opted to not meet Jerry Rice. I think her nerves got the best of her. She was so excited to hear him speak, though and is a big football fan, so I know she enjoyed herself.



After the luncheon, we picked up Jonathan from daycare and we all went on a fall color tour. While most of the leaves have fallen from the trees already, it was a great way to spend time together and see some beautiful countryside. We found a pig farm were baby pigs were roaming a field with their mommies and Jonathan thought that was the coolest thing! I thought the baby pigs were adorable too!



So, today was a good day and I have a LOT to be thankful for!

No comments: