Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Truth of a Child

Last night, Jonathan and I were sitting in the car waiting for Daddy to return from inside the grocery store...a perfect opportunity to people watch. I noticed this very trim woman carrying a gallon of milk in one hand and about four grocery bags in another. I thought to myself that she must work out a lot to be able to carry that much across the parking lot like that. Then she beeped open her pretty white Lexus SUV....and a tingle of jealousy ran through me. So, I mumbled out loud, "I want to be skinny and drive a Lexus." Then, from the back of my mini-van I hear two words uttered from my four-year-old...."Too late."

I guess that ship HAS sailed.....south.

1 comment:

Willo said...

Thanks for stopping by Green Gracious! This story is so cute! Don't they always bring a dose of honesty into our lives?